Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What marinade or recipe do you use on your steaks before cooking them?

I am speaking of beef steaks. I am Italian and don't cook much steak. I normally eat it only at restaurants.What marinade or recipe do you use on your steaks before cooking them?
it depends. i usually eat rib eyes. and the meat itself has a lot of flavor. so, what i do is put salt and pepper (lots of pepper) and thyme (only a little of this) and some dried minced garlic. then i'll take a spoon and press it into the meat. then i take a little olive oil and cover the steak with it. spread with a spoon and careful not to remove the seasoning. meanwhile, the grill should be super hot. throw it on and enjoy. i can't really teach you how to bbq, that's something that you just have to have an eye for and know when the meat is done. but, if you're using a 1 lb steak, then just leave it on for 3-4 minutes a side and check at 6-7 to see if it's cooked. since you're new to this, just cut into it.
wishbone Italian dressingWhat marinade or recipe do you use on your steaks before cooking them?
I guess that I am from the old school. I don't use anything to marinade our steaks. A little black pepper and garlic for taste as its being cooked. That's all!!!!
A little salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worchestershire sauce are the basics I use.What marinade or recipe do you use on your steaks before cooking them?
Kraft Balsamic vinaigrette Salad Dressing
I lightly pound in a garlic puree with a tenderizing mallet and then marinade in Great Western Salad dressing for about 3 hours. Then on a super hot charcoal grill.
Lucky u baby, wish I could eat at RESTAURANTS!!! I normally cook the food, put in the fridge for a couple of days to marinate, then SCOFF IT. Love Itallian Food though!!!, all that TOMATO sauce!! IT,s good 4 u, I believe!!!
A-1, lemon, beer.
If I'm grilling outside or broiling in, I don't use anything but seasoning. If for some reason I am pan frying I coat them with olive oil and garlic salt.
I salt them and rub them with oil (for even heating). Marinade gets in the way of that nice 'beef' taste.
A mixture of red wine and herbs ie bay leaf, parsley. tarragon and thyme is nice.



Equal parts oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and soy sauce also makes a nice asian style marinade.
dale sauce or montreal steak seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment